The 25th IDA is searching for a Treasurer. The successful candidate must be a member and the duties involve the following:
- A desire to serve in a leadership position in your association.
- A general knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping and general ledger systems.
- Maintaining close communication with the President and other officers.
- Posting transactions (cash receipts and disbursements) and maintaining our QuickBooks general ledger.
- Reconciling bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial reports (balance sheet, income statement and bank reconciliations) and distributing to the Executive Committee.
- Prepare an annual budget.
- Process invoices that have been approved by the Executive Committee for payment.
- Writing and mailing checks to our vendors (two signatures required on large invoices).
- Present a report to the membership at the annual reunion business meeting.
- Attend a mid-year meeting of the Executive Committee.
- Communicate with our membership assistant on membership revenues.
- Prepare reports for our CPA firm to prepare the annual tax return – Form 990.
- A CPA is not required but an accounting background and experience is essential.
If interested, please submit your qualifications to: email@example.com