50 Anniversary of the Battle of Suoi Tre on March 19th-24 Reunion
Call Hotel Elegante 719-576-5900 for a shuttle ride from Colorado Springs airport to the hotel. Tell them that you are with the Suoi Tre reunion.
Dress is business casual. No ties required. Remember that Colorado weather is very unpredictable at times so you might want to bring a warmer jacket & gloves.
Wives & girlfriends are welcome to attend all events!!
- Arrival day, table set up in lobby for book authors & greeting our people with welcome packs & name tags. There will be a sign in book.
- Later in afternoon welcome packs & name tags will be in the hospitality room.
- Pizza & beer & other refreshments will be provided.
- Come & go as you please, purely a time to socialize & meet each other. Special guests may drop by. You are welcome to bring memorabilia to share with others if you so desire. Ft. Carson troops, wives & girl friends are welcome to join us as well.
- 12 noon to 1 PM Lunch at base mess hall with troops (everyone pays for their own lunch $5.55 cash, ATM on site)
- 11 –11:45 AM Shopping time at the PX
- Morning trip to Ft Carson (buses provided by Ft. Carson)The buses will be leaving Hotel Elegante at 8:30 AM!!! We will be watching 141 Cav troops doing actual training exercises on simulators. We are invited to do hands on as well.
- 1 -3 PM KEY PERSONNEL- travel to ceremony field for rehearsals
- 1:15 – 2:15 PM Tour of remodeled museum
- 2:45 PM Return to Hotel Elegante
- 5:30 PM Evening social in Banquet Room (4th floor) at Elegante Hotel.
- This is not a dinner, so you might want to get something to eat before coming.
- Cash bar & other refreshments will be available.
- Opening prayer by Forward Air Control Captain Bob Staib
- Slide program presented by Bill Comeau A/2/12
- Some special guests have committed to speak & compare their war experiences to ours. We have Jim Downing,103 years old, who is a Pearl Harbor survivor; Ed Beck, who is 93 years old, was in the Battle of the Bulge, a POW and he also served in the Korean War; Infantryman Bruce Elson, who is 93 years old, was sent to Hiroshima after the blast to destroy enemies’ weapons.
- There will also be speakers from the units involved in the Battle of Suoi Tre, battle commanders, two nurses (from the Vietnam era), a medic from the B/2/77 artillery, & current day “Global War on Terrorism” commanders.
- 7:15 AM Key people involved in the ceremony will leave the hotel early
- 8:15 AM Ft. Carson’s buses will transport everyone to the ceremony field on Ft. Carson
- 9 – 9:30 AM Socialize & KEY PEOPLE to address any last minute issues
- 9:30 –11:30 AM Suoi Tre Memorial Ceremony & 21 cannon salute
- 11:45 – 1 PM Lunch at base mess hall with troops (everyone pays for their own lunch $5.55 cash, ATM on site)
- 1:15 – 2 PM Trip to a different PX at Ft Carson to buy memorabilia etc.
- 2 PM Return to Hotel Elegante on buses
- 5:30 PM Evening dinner banquet (included in your registration fee).
- Cash bar will be available.
- Opening prayer by Forward Air Control Captain Bob Staib (or local police chaplain)
- Speakers will include Ft. Carson commanders & others.
- FREE DAY!! Shop around Colorado Springs (info in welcome packages or look at visitcos.com)8:45 AM buses leave from Hotel Elegante for the tour of the United States Air Force Academy for those who requested this trip. There may be a few extra seats if someone has changed their mind & would like to go. Buses will return to the hotel at approximately 1 PM.
- 2 PM The bus to Wild Wood Casino will leave Hotel Elegante & travel to Cripple Creek. This is for those who requested this trip. Return time will be approximately 8 PM. There might be a few extra vacant seats if you have changed your mind about going. When you get to Wild Wood Casino, be sure to go to the Player’s Club counter & let them know that you are with the Battle of Suoi Tre reunion to receive your player’s club card & coupons!!
- Those of you who would like to go to Cripple Creek at a different time of day & return at a different time, can take the Ramblin’ Express bus to & from or drive yourself. There will be a Ramblin’ Express bus schedule in your welcoming package along with prices.
- Drive time is approximately 1-1/2 hours. The scenery is beautiful so don’t forget your camera!!! Remember that you are going to be at 9500’. Some casinos do have “oxygen bars” available.
- 8:45 AM Static displays with Ft Carson 2/77 & 2/12 troops in the morning to have interaction with soldiers & their equipment
- 11:30 –1 PM Lunch at base mess hall with troops (everyone pays for their own lunch $5.55 cash, ATM on site)
- Day of departure
We are glad that so many of you are able to attend & share this Heritage Week together!
From the generations of brothers & sisters that we have brought together, we see that Freedom Isn’t Free. We have all experienced the same feelings & life issues.
We will also have 50th anniversary “Battle of Suoi Tre” shirts available, in case you haven’t heard about them or would like to purchase more. They are non-unit specific so it works for everyone. They are available in either Tee or Polo!!!
We look forward to seeing everyone at the reunion!!
Bill King C/2/22 1967
For further information or questions, please call Bill King at 719-748-8219 H or 719-494-3590 C or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Paige Lanier at 719-330-6638 or email him at email@example.com