Thank you for your interest in the 2024 25th IDA Scholarship. The 2024 application is available in a PDF form.
25th Infantry Division Association Educational Scholarship Award Criteria
The 25th Infantry Division Association has established the following criteria for administering and awarding educational scholarships:
- Individual scholarship grants of up to $1,500 (based on the decision of the Executive Council) may be made annually from Association Scholarship funds to provide assistance to the most deserving applicants who are:
- A child or grandchild of an active member of the Association for at least 12 months prior to application
- A son or daughter of a former member of the Division deceased during active combat with the Division or as a result thereof.
The following limitations are established:
- The Scholarship Committee will not process any incomplete applications.
- Applications received with a postmark after March 15, 2024, will not be processed.
- The awards are considered only for those applicants who will be enrolling in a four-year college, university, junior college or trade school.
- The applicant must be intent on pursuing a course toward a baccalaureate degree or certificate of completion and must include at least 12 semester hours per semester toward that goal.
- The complete application must include the items listed below:
- A personal letter from the applicant giving reasons for the request, plans for the future, summary of school activities and interests, financial situation, and other points the applicant thinks pertinent.
- A transcript of high school credits through the first semester of the senior year to include rank in class and most recentACT or SAT college entrance test If an applicant is in the second or later year of an undergraduate program, the transcript(s) of post-high school credits must be submitted.
- Letters of recommendation by three recognizable reputable community citizens, one to be from the high school principal of the graduating school, the authority who certifies high school equivalency or equivalent college official.
- A letter of acceptance from the institution selected by the applicant (or list of applications pending – award cannot be made until acceptance is verified.)
- A full-face head and shoulders color photograph of the applicant, not larger than 3 × 4 This photo will not be used during the evaluation for the award, but for Association publicity for award winners.
- A copy of the applicant’s parent’s or grandparent’s DD-214 or other documentary evidence of service in the U.S. Army and in the 25th Infantry Division.
- The Association does not award more than $1,500 nor does it say the grant must be spent during a limit of Award checks must be cashed within 90 days.
- Applications will be evaluated during March by the Scholarship Committee and will make its recommendations to the Association Executive Committee upon The Executive Committee will make a decision and so notify the Association President, in order that he can notify award winners before the end of the school year.
- Persons who qualify and who desire to apply for the award must file an application with the Chairman, 25th IDA Scholarship Committee, PO Box 7, Flourtown, PA 19031-0007 not later than 15 March 2024.
Not a member? Join here: https://www.25thida.org/membership/